Graphics designers use Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator:
- InDesign is the standard for creating print designs such as ads, books, magazines, and more.
- Photoshop is an essential app for retouching/enhancing photos and pixel-based graphics.
- Illustrator is used to create logos, patterns, packaging, and other types of vector graphics.
In this class you will learn the fundamentals of graphic design as you design and produce real-world projects. You should have a solid working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator, as this class focuses on how to design, rather than how to use those apps (which you can learn about in our classes for those apps). If you need to learn those apps, check out our Graphic Design Certificate program.
- Broaden your understanding of graphic design concepts and processes, both formal and conceptual
- Enhance your skill as a designer
- Understand the elements of design
- Learn how to speak about your work and how to incorporate and evaluate critiques
- Develop and expand your portfolio
- Logo Design
- Stationary Design/Social Media Graphics
- Book/eBook Cover Design
- Album Cover/Spotify Graphic
- Event Poster/Event Email Announcement
Assignments will be critiqued during class both by the instructor and during group critiques. You’ll incorporate the feedback into your work and finish the assignment in class, or outside of class as homework (you should expect to work outside of class). By the end of this class, we hope you’ll have at least 5 finished pieces for your portfolio. The instructor is available throughout the 6 classes to give feedback and advice on all projects both during and outside of class.
About the Instructor
With 20 years of accomplishment in graphic design and advertising, Alfred Assin specializes in branding and identity. His work spans a wide array of industries, with clients including Douglas Elliman, Robert K. Futterman, GlaxoSmithKline, The Wynn Hotel & Casino, Cartier, Bass Shoes, and Maurice Villency. He has worked for top agencies such as Frankfurt Balkind and AgencySacks, as well as boutique firms like slover [and] company and Graj + Gustavsen. He maintains his own freelance consultancy, Mr. Grey.Register for Course