Out in Tech, a nonprofit organization providing through-provoking programming, career development resources and volunteer opportunities for LGBTQ+ professionals globally, will host executives and allies from tech’s most well-respected companies at its second Out in Tech Talks on Saturday, March 24 at 225 Liberty Street, New York, NY. The event will feature a series of panels intended to advance the dialogue about diversity in tech as well as the power of tech to create social change in the world.
DeRay Mckesson, an American civil rights activist and ‘Pod Save the People’ host, is the keynote speaker. Mckesson is best known for his participation in the protests against police violence in Ferguson, Mo. as well as his activism through social media. He recently announced he will publish his first book, “On the Other Side of Freedom: The Case for Hope,” on September 4, 2018 via Viking.
Additional Out in Tech Talk conversationalists and panel themes include:
- Latasha Gillespie, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Amazon
- Allyn Shaw, COO of Global Information Security, Bank of America
- Rosanna Durruthy, Head of Global Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging, LinkedIn
- Stephen Golden, Head of Diversity & Inclusion, YouTube
- Moderated by Khalid El Khatib, Contributor to VICE, PAPER, and Hello Mr.
- Amit Paley, CEO, The Trevor Project
- Dawn Laguens, Chief Experience Officer, Planned Parenthood
- Fabrice Houdart, United Nations Human Rights Officer
- Gavin Grimm, Transgender rights activist
- Moderated by Don Lemon, Host of CNN Tonight
- Angela Watercutter, Senior Associate Editor, WIRED
- Dominic Holden, National LGBTQ+ Reporter, BuzzFeed
- Koa Beck, Editor-in-Chief, Jezebel
- Meredith Talusan, Executive Editor, them.
- Moderated by Fran Tirado, Executive Director of Hello Mr.
Tickets for Out in Tech Talks can be purchased via the link below for $249.99 until they sell out. In addition to the panels and networking, tickets also include breakfast, lunch, and free drinks at the Closing Celebration at the Moxy Hotel at 485 7th Avenue, New York, NY from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Out in Tech Talks is made possible by Automatic, Bank of America, BNY Mellon, PayPal, HP, Snap Inc., Baker McKenzie, Etsy, Flatiron School, MongoDB, Glocomms, and Flatiron Health.' TICKETS: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/out-in-tech-talks-2018-tickets-41225963968?aff=pr