Array is transforming. With over 1500 employees and exponential growth, we are redesigning how we better serve customers and scale our business. We are building on strength acquiring new businesses and talent to increase our capacity and capability to innovate and accelerate rapid growth.
A leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry, we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty and L’Oréal to name just a few. Experts in our field with over 35 years of experience, we are leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation to expand around the world.
We are looking for critical thinkers who are meticulous about the small details, are intellectually curious, hard working and have a strong voice to help us steer towards the future and carry out our vision. Joining us now is a chance to be part of our transformation, make a difference and chart your own career.
Who we need
Array is seeking an Account Team Manager. This leadership role is based in Manhattan, working out of the Array office, the Brand office, and leveraging our Toronto manufacturing/ project management expertise. You have a background in Visual Merchandising (VM) or Cosmetics Field Sales Management; your experience in VM overhaul/update planning and execution is critical. You have proven success building out and completing the project sales funnel in an Agile work environment. You will have ownership, support and autonomy as you take this next progressive step in your career in cosmetics and visual merchandising Account Management.
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Accounts, you will have access to the global resources and technical expertise at Array, plus one-on-one mentorship as you build your career. It’s a chance to own all aspects of the account, to nurture a successful, ongoing client relationship and collaborate closely across multiple internal teams to ensure complete and total client satisfaction. Joining Array now during this period of growth and transformation is an opportunity to drive long and short term strategies and build out our relationship and commitment with our cosmetics luxury and specialty brands.
What’s in it for you
- Empowerment. It’s a step forward for someone with experience managing a Cosmetics account from the sales or merchandising side of the industry. Array is a world-class employer and one of the largest merchandising companies in the world, known for establishing solid relationships with customers that have lasted decades. This is a chance to work with the biggest and the best on both sides, with the confidence you are providing outstanding service and products to your clients.
- Career development. Array is at a pivotal point, investing in people, systems and new technology to accelerate growth. As we build our teams, the opportunities for someone starting as an Account Team Manager includes the chance to run a full-service team, work with different brands and accounts; and grow your career skill set in an expanding industry.
What our new Account Team Manager will do:
- Identify opportunities for commercial sales growth. Dive into the needs of the client and provide innovation and project management support to deepen their commitment to us.
- Lead a team. Provide managerial leadership for the account team including forecasting, project management, performance feedback, training, performance coaching, communication, motivation, priorities and focus.
- Act as steering lead. Oversee ongoing projects, providing the team with the support they need to remove obstacles, obtain data, meet deadlines and deliver an outstanding and successful product and customer experience, every time.
- Develop a deep and broad understanding of the brand. Work closely with client contacts to record requirements. Complete the client ‘Briefing’ document to ensure an accurate reflection of client requirements and report that to the Array team via project kickoffs and our global Project Management software system.
- Secure new or extended business. Roll up the information into quotation and submit to the client for edits and final approval. Obtain purchase order from the client upon final approvals.
- Develop the project scope documents based on the Briefing document or SOW. Oversee establishing project timelines, milestones and financial metrics. Gain brand, retailer and Array team consensus on project dates and corresponding deliverables from clients.
- Manage projects. Provide end-to-end oversight on all aspects of the project including:
- Project kick-off. Lead meetings and engage appropriate team members and SMEs, ensuring total understanding of project components and individual responsibilities.
- Resource management. Assign accountabilities to the team members with a focus on streamlining processes.
- Change management. Regularly assess project constraints and requirements.
- Communications. Serve as a conduit of information, ensuring transparency and knowledge sharing across all team members. Lead meetings, including daily internal stand ups. Ensure any follow up is initiated and recaps with next actions are circulated.
- Project status. Frequently report on project milestones, client changes and targets.
Issue resolution. Communicate and elevate client concerns in a timely manner. Act as a point of de-escalation. Ensure resolution of issues internally and with the client.
- Financial review. Drive meticulous forecasting accuracy and conduct analysis to budget completion.