Getaway is seeking to hire an Administrative Assistant to help support the growth of the company and the team. The perfect hire will keep the CEO and executive team organized.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Getaway (www.getaway.house) is a culture-defining lifestyle company based in New York. Founded in 2015 at Harvard University's Innovation Lab by Jon Staff and Pete Davis, Getaway designs and operates tiny house rentals in beautiful rural areas just outside major cities. The company places its custom-built homes, each between 160 and 200 square feet, on secluded land in wooded, natural landscapes and rents them out by the night to those looking to easily escape their daily routines, disconnect from technology, and experience the restorative benefits of nature.
Consumers reserve their getaways online and the company takes care of the details from start to finish, providing guests a turnkey experience to restore balance to their busy lives. The concept has been successfully tested in Boston and New York over the past 2.5 years.
Getaway is situated squarely at the intersection of multiple compelling consumer trends – the growth of the millennial consumer, the pursuit of improved work-life balance and general wellness, the desire for unique experiences, and access to nature as an anecdote for urban lifestyles and 24/7 connectedness.
Getaway has recently received a strategic growth investment from L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity firm in the world, to fund its aggressive roll-out across the U.S.
ABOUT THE ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant will join a small but talented team and be a critical support for the rapid growth of the company. He or she will primarily support the CEO and other company leaders in allowing them to efficiently and professionally fulfill the administrative aspects of their roles and to generally manage the company’s headquarters office in Brooklyn. An exemplary performer in this position will allow the executive team to focus as much of their time as possible on the strategic components of their roles.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up team meetings including drafting and distributing agendas, summaries of feedback and ensuring IT connections
- Performing general office management, including leasing with landlord, ordering supplies and moving furniture
- Organizing weekly team lunches
- Scheduling meetings for CEO and other department leaders
- Aiding the CEO in preparing for critical internal and external meetings
- Organize monthly guest experience and marketing offsites, including scheduling rooms and deliveries
- Take and distribute notes from key meetings
- Maintaining the company’s “project stack” system
- Assisting the CEO with preparation of Board of Directors meeting materials
- Supporting the adherence to all team norms as written in the company’s “How We Work” deck
- Conducting on boarding for all new employees
- Assisting with recruiting new employees (e.g. positing job descriptions and organizing resumes)
The ideal candidate for this position has a proven track record of being extremely detail oriented and willing to take on what are often considered less than glamorous tasks. Confidentiality and trustworthiness are required.
A four year college degree is required. One to three years experience with executive assistance, office management and/or HR support is preferred.
Desired technical skills include ability to obsess over PowerPoint formatting, Google Apps (Drive, Gmail), Word Suite, Slack and Asana.