How do you grow audiences for Public Media content in the digital age?
Our team is expanding! A creative, strategic thinker with strong PR and digital marketing skills is needed to join our team to increase viewership of our award-winning national and local series on-air, online and on mobile and OTT devices.
Using a custom mix of earned media, organic and paid social media, influencer engagement and dynamic and engaging web content, the Audience Engagement team is delivering new audiences to a range of national PBS programming, including American Masters, Nature, Great Performances, and more.
If you’re a creative, meticulous PR or marketing professional with a minimum of 4 years of relevant, hands-on work experience, this may be your chance to take your career to new levels and deliver measurable results on behalf of a New York non-profit institution.
The Audience Engagement Specialist will take the lead in creating buzz and driving viewership and engagement with programs. You’ll work closely with production, social media, and interactive teams to set goals and KPIs; identify target audiences; create messaging; and plan, manage and support all engagement efforts. Additional responsibilities include:
• Work closely with producers and department leadership to define campaign goals, execute flawlessly and clearly communicate results;
• Identify, plan and oversee data-driven, creative, measurable social media, media and audience engagement activities;
• Conduct targeted media outreach to drive earned media coverage of upcoming projects;
• Write copy for e-newsletters, media outreach, web and social media assets as needed in support of priority projects;
• Identify and engage appropriate thought leaders and influencers to support campaign goals;
• Ensure alignment of series messaging in station fundraising and education materials;
• Cooperatively and productively work across departments to achieve shared goals;
• Twice a year, manage, plan and execute press conferences with high-profile talent and executives as part of the semiannual Television Critics Association (TCA) press tour (travel and overtime required).