About the Company:
CBXmarket creates innovative financial technology solutions for investment professionals.
CBXmarket’s OASIS platform is a fixed income portfolio management system that saves time and allows fixed income investors to focus on alpha-generating initiatives. The combination of intuitive interfaces and powerful optimization techniques enables OASIS to streamline time-intensive portfolio management workflows. The cloud-based portfolio management system spans idea generation, decision support, risk management, and compliance, and integrates with custodial and execution partners to deliver seamless, straight-through processing.
Our platform also aggregates information from various data providers, affording investors powerful tools and a sleek interface to identify investment opportunities and construct or rebalance portfolios. OASIS technology transforms investment operations, allowing financial professionals to focus on adding value for their clients.
Our team combines industry expertise with best-in-class developers to provide cutting-edge technology that revolutionizes risk management and idea generation.
CBXmarket is focused on changing the way fixed income markets operate. We are currently exploring ways to enhance participation in the bond market through a variety of AI, data science and machine learning projects.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter who wants to make an impact in the growth of an early-stage startup. Our team is lean and primed for a big second half in 2019. The Business Development Associate will provide leverage for the broader Sales team across all aspects of business development. You will be responsible for expanding the prospect pipeline and assisting with the sales process. This role will not be as structured as traditional entry-level positions, so the right candidate should be driven, confident, and comfortable operating in a challenging, fast-paced work environment.
You will have the opportunity to grow with our organization and expand your responsibilities as we expect to take on numerous employees over the course of the next 12–18 months.
If you are looking for a challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Proactively generate, identify, and qualify new business opportunities.
- Cold and warm outreach to set up preliminary and follow-up meetings.
- Respond to inbound queries about the platform from prospects and existing clients.
- Maintain CRM reporting and develop process automation workflows.
- Assist with client outreach and engagement to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Synthesize and relay feedback to help inform product development.
- Contribute to and maintain marketing collateral for sales opportunities and lead generation.
- Develop product and industry expertise.
- 1-3 years of experience in finance or financial technology.
- Prior experience in a business development, account management, or sales capacity preferred.
- General knowledge of financial markets, preferably fixed income.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively juggle, prioritize, and complete competing deliverables simultaneously.
- Comfort with CRM workflow tools and reporting; knowledge of Infusionsoft is a strong plus!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Enthusiasm, persistence, resilience, and a positive attitude.
- High expectations of yourself and those around you.
- Willingness to challenge the norm and think outside the box.
- Team player willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed.
- You embrace the nature of a startup; company culture is critical to us!
We work hard and play hard. 9-to-5ers need not apply.
What We Offer:
- An exciting, fast-paced work environment.
- Hands-on experience at an early stage startup with experienced founders.
- Opportunities to assist in the development of a next-generation financial market software platform.
- Opportunities to explore groundbreaking ideas in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Opportunities to develop and hone your sales skills through constant engagement with senior sales professionals and members of the leadership team.
- The chance to contribute meaningfully at a pivotal moment in our company’s growth.
- Commitment to helping you improve and grow both as a team member and as an individual.
- Competitive salary and benefits with the opportunity for substantial performance-based upside.