DEI Collective is looking for a driven, resourceful, and passionate intern who is looking to make an impact in or learn more about the diversity, equity, and inclusion space. Our intern will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience supporting consulting client work, learn the inner workings of an early-stage startup, and make connections with a broad array of talented practitioners working in the DEI world. We're based in Brooklyn and are looking for someone who can commit to 5-10 hours per week.
Areas where you have the option to contribute:
Client-Side & Business Development:
- Supporting engagement leads in running focus groups, analyzing survey data, and creating assessment reports.
- Supporting engagement leads during in-person strategic workshops.
- Researching and identifying potential sales leads.
- Helping assemble business development proposals.
Marketing & Community:
- Brainstorming and/or developing content for social media and our blog.
- Supporting event planning.
- Researching and identifying potential Collective members and innovative solutions being utilized to address DEI issues in the workplace.
- Supporting the management of the Collective consultant community, including posting updates in the Collective Slack channel and helping put together the Collective newsletter.
- Supporting the development of processes to streamline internal and client-facing workflows.
- Demonstrated interest in social justice and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Resourceful spirit — we’re less interested in whether or not you know everything or how to do everything; rather, we care if you know how and are driven to seek out the answers.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social media.
- All-hands-on-deck attitude — as a small startup, we wear all sorts of hats and aren’t afraid of getting our hands dirty.
- Curious with a desire to learn.
- Comfort using Squarespace and Medium is a plus, but not required.
About DEI Collective:
DEI Collective is a consultancy and collective of DEI professionals that takes a no bullish*t approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion, moving companies from damage control mode to being able to leverage the power of DEI to create stronger cultures, greater innovation, and better market resonance.
DEI Collective provides quantitative and qualitative assessments, strategic planning, and executional support, always focusing on our three pillars: strategy, creativity, and compassion.