Position: Sous Chef
Reporting to: Head Chef (Primary)
General Manager (Secondary)
As the Sous Chef, you will play a vital role in supporting the operations management of the kitchen, and in the production of excellent food. You will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with customer queries, and control costs.
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensuring the highest standards of hygiene are maintained and HACCP training is strictly adhered to.
- Ensuring that all menu items are prepared in accordance with the Porterhouse recipe standards.
- Ensuring all company systems and procedures are adhered to by kitchen staff.
- Ensuring correct rosters are in place to ensure adequate cover in the kitchen that daily/ nightly/ weekly kitchen schedules are completed.
- Completing weekly kitchen audit.
- Reporting to General Manager any kitchen maintenance works as required and any shortfalls in the menu.
- To ensure that all temperatures checks are completed by chefs and record them accurately.
- To complete main stock counts as required daily.
- To maintain the weekly ordering schedule in line with the level of trade & ensure all orders are placed in a timely & accurate manner.
- To ensure all waste is recorded on the waste sheet & to review waste levels on a weekly basis.
- To receive all deliveries. Ensure all deliveries are checked and signed for and transferred to relevant storage areas promptly on receipt.
- To record any accidents/incidents regarding kitchen staff on the relevant form and contact HR on such.
- To manage staff in line with company policies and procedures and contact the Management team and HR as required. All staff grievances/issues must be reported to HR.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Any other duty necessary in the successful execution of your position.
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role with a creative approach to the production of food.
- Excellent planning, organizing skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong supervisory skills and good communication skills.
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required).
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook would be an advantage.
- Must be eligible to work in Ireland full time and already hold the relevant work permit in applicable.
If this sounds like the perfect move for you, we would love to hear from you!