thisopenspace is a marketplace of rentable spaces that brands access for all of their commercial and creative activity, ranging from short-term retail to photo shoots. We connect people and space to bring their ideas to the world. Our users range from Kanye West and Adidas, to the solo-preneur and emerging designer. We are seeking a New York-based City Manager to lead the local team, implement structure and process to increase team performance, and create business development opportunities to expedite market growth.
As the team lead, you’ll oversee host acquisition, guest growth, community building, and partnerships. You’ll be the “boots on-the-ground” leader of thisopenspace’s fastest growing market, responsible for ensuring that your local team is equipped to achieve ambitious regional growth objectives. You’ll work with the COO and VP of Operations to hire and onboard a team of “A players” and have an important role in developing regional objectives, key results, and individual KPIs. You’ll be responsible for identifying, executing and nurturing business development and partnership opportunities, with a focus on engaging new user groups with repeat booking potential.
You’ll work with Marketing to develop a forward-looking calendar and campaigns around city-based events, and you’ll operationalize and scale our multi-vendor initiatives to create more retail options for our users. You are proactive, agile, and use data to inform every decision. Entrepreneurial by nature, you know how to work efficiently and with conviction. You are passionate about our brand, our product, and our vision to be the leading marketplace for brands to access space.
- Creating your team’s OKRs, KPIs and bonus structure with support from leadership
- Monitoring marketplace supply and demand; identifying problems, seeking solutions and informing your team’s priorities based on data
- Managing and empowering local team to ensure regional liquidity and marketplace growth
- Developing partnerships that foster repeat bookings and access to new user groups
- Allocating local budget towards growth and awareness initiatives proposed by your team
- Daily and long-term oversight of local team activity
- Implementing best practices to enforce team-wide CRM adoption
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- You're an Owner - you will receive generous equity as an employee
- Unlimited Paid Vacation - you are encouraged to take vacation and travel
- Flexible Work from Home Policy
- Modern Office in Financial District - with coffee and juice bar, educational programming, and fitness and yoga classes on the house