BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
Our global community of professional coaches and the individuals they serve are at the heart of our business. As the Coach Learning and Development Instructional Designer, you will be a part of the world class Coach Enablement team responsible for building, innovating and supporting the entire BetterUp Coach ecosystem. Your contribution to this team will be to elevate learning and development for our coaches with top notch instructional design and content expertise with a focus on quality, efficiency and creativity. The learning programs you will develop will onboard new BetterUp Coaches to the platform, prepare BetterUp Coaches for customer deployments, and elevate the community of practice through the development of evidence-based certifications.
Our ideal candidate has an exceptional professional background, a passion for and understanding of the coaching landscape, a deep sense of ownership, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a resilient ability to adapt to change. This individual is energized by the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams, seek out strong partnerships with key internal stakeholder groups and our BetterUp Coaches and Members. This individual is naturally positive, resourceful, and curious - where others see problems, they see solutions and jump at the opportunity to solve them. Additionally, this individual will showcase the unique balance of problem solving, project management, subject matter expertise combined with empathy, passion and leadership.
- Designs curriculum to meet identified learning and development needs using an array of instructional design methodology, that focuses on current trends, best practices, and innovative ways to deliver, measure and assess learning.
- Manages projects through all phases and milestones including analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Collaborates with functional course owners, subject matter experts, and target audience to gather information needed to conduct needs assessment of the learning and development content.
- Follows Adult Learning Methodology to identify and write learning objectives, storyboard content and design learning approaches.
- Develops and presents the business case for new learning and development programs, courses, resources and/or events.
- Lead and support high priority company initiatives and special projects as needed.
If you have most or all of the following please apply:
- Required: A certified coach and a PhD in psychology or a licensed clinician with experience in instructional design, learning and development, or a related field
- At least 2 years of prior experience as an instructional designer or as a curriculum developer in a fast paced environment including comfort with managing projects with tight timelines and strong cross-functional stakeholder management.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and concepts both written and orally
- Understanding of evolving industry standards related to instructional design, learning and development, and eLearning practices.
- Experience and interest in working with technology platforms and products.
- Interest in organizational behavior, diversity, and inclusion, positive psychology, coaching, or behavioral sciences, along with a passion and empathy for our BetterUp Coaches.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.