The Customer Success Manager 1 (CSM1) delivers post-sales efforts to their assigned customers via a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s). This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The CSM1 uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. These touchpoints include, coaching, demonstrations, Business Review, Customer Success Reviews, Success Path and appropriate training required to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their BlackLine subscription. The CSM1 reports to the Manager, Customer Success and receives daily/weekly instruction and support from the Manager, Customer Success.
- Deliver on Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s) as it relates to assigned customers.
- Own customer relationship for entire BlackLine journey after initial contract execution.
- Answer clients’ platform, product and domain questions within the defined customer success program criteria and timeframes.
- Educate clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business objectives
- Perform Success Planning activities for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and any challenges to deliver relevant and pertinent demonstrations, coaching and/or referrals to other Customer Teams.
- Continually communicate BlackLine value to customer through the entire client lifecycle, including their renewal process.
- Work as a team with sales executives and other departments on strategic account planning focused on account expansion, reduction of license and product adoption whitespace, increased customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk.
- Deliver actionable advice and expertise to customers regarding the features and usage of BlackLine’s solutions to attain product and license expansion and adoption optimization goals.
- Perform effective customer demonstrations, Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, coaching activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Lead client discovery sessions on account expansion and product adoption whitespace, and coordinate requirements definition with internal teams to obtain and issue client statements of work for new implementation projects.
- Be able to address assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes.
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn.
- Identify and report on “at-risk” clients, including impact on renewals, and guide customers through a successful “Red → Green” process.
- Coordinate with BlackLine Partner Channel team as well as specific partners, as needed.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications.
- Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist with the provision of customer references.
- Assist in BlackLine Community as a Moderator.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- 2+ years BlackLine experience
- Domain expertise - 3+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- 2 Years Customer facing experience (internal or external)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Excellent listening and empathy skills: you identify with the customer and want to help solve their problem
- Strong verbal and written professional communication
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- Travel up to 30%