Our new media company is looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst to join the team and help us grow. You’ll be analyzing and reporting on large data sets for all teams and be an integral part of our mission to make direct mail marketing easier for tech and e-commerce brands everywhere.
We’re a startup, so we’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, can-do attitude, and willingness to learn!
- Dig deep into our data and create reports that internal and external users can understand. You will be able to expand your knowledge of data infrastructure and shape our data processes. Data touches everything we do, from internal projects to client-facing reporting!
- Analyze large data sets and develop custom models / algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights in customer and business data. We frequently work with more data than Excel can handle — you’ll need to select the appropriate tools for the job.
- Work directly with clients and vendors to build, maintain, and optimize reporting and help define and setup automated data pipelines.
- Evaluate current practices, automate common processes, and take initiative to improve business and finance operations.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with data partners to understand and elevate the analytics functions of experience development, business development, consumer marketing strategy, margin optimization, etc.
- Maintain and improve data-driven targeting models to improve reach and conversion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related quantitative field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in an analytical role.
- Excel? SQL? Oh yes! You should be an expert in Excel and have a strong foundation in SQL.
- You are passionate about data and innately inquisitive about how you can manipulate data to make it digestible.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have at least intermediate level experience with a scripting language (R, Python), and/or use the command line to work with data.
- Ability to prepare and visualize information to be understandable by different stakeholder groups, creating easily-consumable reports with accessible findings.
- Strong sense of urgency and great time management skills.
- Self-starter and problem-solver with a get-it-done attitude!
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus.
- Experience using a BI tool (i.e. Looker, Tableau, etc.) and setting up dashboards a plus; an interest in visualizing and exploring data required.
- Experience using a big data platform for data analysis (Spark, Hadoop etc.) a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jupyter Notebooks, Anaconda, etc. as part of your data workflow a plus.
- Full-time role based in our New York City office.
- Ownership and growth opportunities.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Robust benefits package.
- A fun culture, including team events, happy hours, and trips!
- The opportunity to work with a group of passionate, humble, and kind team members!
If you’re looking to be part of something new that is transforming an industry, this is the role for you. You will be empowered to think like an entrepreneur by coming up with new ideas, testing them, implementing them, and then scaling them quickly.