Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We're looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.
Lithium is looking for an experienced Sales Director for our East territory who has a successful track record of leading teams selling technology platforms. The Sales Director must have demonstrated the ability to work at executive levels across industry verticals, including; Service Provider, Financial Services, Retail, Media and Entertainment, and Energy.
If you're looking to join a growing organization that is fast-paced and innovative, then Lithium is a place for you!
- You're a dynamic sales leader with experience in social media/web 2.0 space.
- You have the strong ability to energize your clients and prospects with your instinctive ability to uncover painpoints and develop spellbinding solutions.
- You have extensive experience selling to executives of large corporations.
- You're an exceptional dealmaker and leader who can negotiate and close new business opportunities, and you are experienced at uncovering customer needs, qualifying leads, creating a pipeline closing business, exceeding revenue targets, and meeting deadlines.
- You have a stellar reputation, and natural ability to have insightful conversations with senior executives.
As a Director of Sales, you will:
- Be responsible for generating new business in existing accounts of Lithium suite of products and in new markets, as well as playing a key role as you drive strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives for companies across all verticals.
- Own regional development, strategy and execution planning.
- Develop cross-department value creation and solution selling.
- Map accounts for key decision makers and influencers, and develop a regional strategy for growing business.
- Ensure new hires are effectively on-boarded and trained through our Sales Training program. This includes coaching, mentoring, enhancing product knowledge and leveraging our tenured team members for knowledge sharing.
- To ensure the smooth and effective handover of customers to the Professional Services team, with ongoing care and attention to ensure 100% reference ability of customers within the region.
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Ability to travel 30%
- 8-10 years experience, selling at senior executive levels (CXO), to large, multi-national organizations
- Minimum 5+ years of direct SaaS/Software/Technology experience within large Enterprise accounts. A background in selling CRM solutions - A proven consultative / solution approach to selling
- 5+ years of Sales management experience in software sales
- Proven experience successfully managing and motivating sales individuals to achieve performance goals
- Proven track record in over-achieving quarterly and annual quota. Solid sales forecasting abilities (via Salesforce) and revenue achievement
- Experience to understand which sales milestones to be involved in, and where to drive opportunities. Also to understand where individual contributors must be empowered.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and influence effectively across organizations both internally and with prospects
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and have a desire to be part of a world-class sales team