Founded and owned by a global investment management firm, we are passionate about identifying how the institutional asset management industry can be disrupted, optimizing the path to execution to make those ideas a reality, and partnering with entrepreneurial companies that are aligned with our mission. Our partnerships typically take the form of investments or joint ventures. We play an enthusiastic role in driving execution, thinking and behaving as business owners and operators.
As a small team with a flat structure and results-focused culture, our mission is unique and exciting. This is an opportunity to make a big impact in a highly empowered role.
About the Role:
- Overseeing the HR function and processes.
- Salary monitoring, administration, and monthly analysis reporting.
- Leading the administration of Payroll processes.
- Undertaking administrative and financial organizational processes within the organization, including supporting the annual budgeting exercise.
- Driving outstanding service from our third party finance and accounting vendors.
Human Resource Management — Personnel:
You'll be responsible for managing the personnel function for finance, personnel, and administration, ensuring it meets the needs of the organization effectively to achieve excellent standards of service delivery. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Involvement in the recruitment and selection process, as appropriate.
- Undertaking the administration of new starters, including application forms and appointment checklists, liaising with HR and our payroll provider regarding the administration of newly appointed members of the staff, and drafting and sending personalized letters of correspondence with new staff.
- Managing the payroll services for all staff, including the administration of all changes and leavers.
- Ensuring staff have a clear understanding of HR policies and procedures and the importance of putting them into practice.
- Monitoring the way policies and procedures are actioned and providing support where necessary.
- Seeking and making use of specialist expertise in relation to HR issues.
- Advising staff on employment and salary issues.
- Ensuring all required records are kept current.
- Support the preparation of the annual budget for the organization.
- Managing the salary budgeting and monitoring processes, including monthly reconciliation of all accounts.
- Assisting the overall financial planning process in conjunction with the Head for all organization-related expenditure.
- Monitoring key elements of the organizational budgets throughout the financial year, reporting any matters of concern to the Head, and proposing revisions to the budget if necessary (in response to significant or unforeseen developments).
- Providing ongoing budgetary information to relevant colleagues.
- Tracking and maintaining records of all grants the organization receives.
- Paying all bills in a timely manner and reporting any irregularities to the Head.
- Responsible for making bank deposits.
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of relevant post-university work experience.
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to analyze and prioritize needs.
- Able to work under pressure to regular deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, negotiating skills, and strong leadership.