A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The inside sales representative's role is to prospect, qualify, and build relationships with new customers, as well as retain and extend those relationships with our existing client base. The inside sales representative must be self-directed and focused on the achievement of revenue goals in the Northwest and Midwest territory including Washington, Oregon, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Arizona, Nebraska, Idaho, and Iowa.
The inside sales representative is expected to build strong relationships with the field-based representatives and may be asked to support specific campaigns and remotely manage leads generated in territories that do not have a field rep.
This position requires the inside sales representative to become well-versed in all products, beyond basic features and benefits, as they work closely with customers to determine optimal solutions to meet the needs of all stakeholders (teachers, administrators and students.) The inside sales account executive will need to become versed with sales and purchasing cycles as they relate to school district, Title I, and other Federal funding guidelines.
This position requires strong communication and listening skills and the ability to transfer customer needs into successful virtual sales campaigns and presentations.
*** This position can be located either in our Brooklyn, NY headquarters or can work remotely.
Responsibilities of the Inside Sales Representative :
- Plans and organizes area coverage and sales approach to assure effective development of assigned sales area in solicitation of new leads and accounts, which includes cold calling
- Provide close personal service to develop long-term customer relationships, seek out and develop new business and product sales, and increase market share
- Consult with customers to identify their needs and align them with solutions and services
- Develop and manage lead generation activities including but not limited to trials, webinars, email campaigns, and outbound calling for assigned territory
- Conduct prompt follow-up on leads from activities including but not limited to trade shows and marketing activities
- Develop and manage full cycle sales strategy through trial sign-ups and marketing generated leads
Basic Qualifications of the Inside Sales Representative :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years inside sales experience or similar junior sales role in the education industry
Preferred Qualifications of the Inside Sales Representative :
- Ability to advance knowledge through self-study, training, and experience
- Knowledge of administration practices, including use of CRM systems
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, goal and detail-oriented, persistent and dependable with strong probing skills
- Proven track record of developing leads, as well as closing business over the phone
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.