KeyMe is looking for an experienced Junior Accountant / AP Clerk to support general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. This temporary position will last 3-4 months with the possibility to extend (but no guarantee).
- Support monthly and year-end financial close process and preparation of financial statements.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of account balances.
- Prepare, verify and post transactions to general ledger.
- Maintain accurate day-to-day financial records and files.
- Manage accounts payable and relationships with vendors.
- Analyze monthly financial information; apply observations and recommendations to company operations.
- Identify business trends and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting and operational procedures.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for tax filings.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Liaise with other departments to improve financial procedures.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial and operational reporting.
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred.
- In-depth understanding of US GAAP.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end / year-end close process.
- Quickbooks experience a plus!