About Lair East
Between China and the United States, we grow a powerful and collective ecosystem that consists of an international community for entrepreneurs, coworking spaces, investment supports, accelerator programs, and a bridge for China-US cultural exchange. We believe in "Build Local, Think Global" and dedicate to help entrepreneurs and startups to achieve their goals and make real impacts on the world around them.
We also believe that positive impact can be fostered through collaboration and proper resources. Lair East was established by Palm Drive Capital and Huayuan International and supported by NYCCEO, one of the largest and most influential entrepreneurship organizations in NYC with 2,000+ active C-level entrepreneurs. The platform brought by Lair East provides access to proven leaders with expertise in finance, technology, media, entertainment, arts, etc. and cross-sector experiences.
About the Role
Lair East is seeking interns to join our team to assist in Marketing and PR and report directly to managing director. This position offers great insights to the great entrepreneurs, startups, and VC investors. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented, have great written and verbal communication skills, and interest in the startup industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing approved campaigns
- Monitoring social media presence
- Contributing and writing company blog posts
- Market research which includes identifying and engaging with key influencers
- Daily Social Media Outreach
- Develop promotional social media campaigns to engage users and build followers
- Identifying and compiling/updating list of bloggers, traditional media and other journalists for outreach
- Assist with event planning & execution
- Assist in brand analysis
- Friendly and hospitable
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have an energetic and positive attitude
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint or Google Docs/Sheets/Slides or Both
- Marketing/PR experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Experience with CMS (Squarespace, Wix, or Weebly) preferred
- Analytical experience desired
- Fluent in Mandarin (both writing and speaking) is preferred
- Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Be able to start in the coming fall and must commit to at least 20 hours each week
This is an unpaid position but will provide stipends for food, college credit, hands on experience; local transportation and references will be provided.