About Lair East
Between China and the United States, we grow a powerful and collective ecosystem that consists of an international community for entrepreneurs, coworking spaces, investment supports, accelerator programs, and a bridge for China-US cultural exchange. We believe in "Build Local, Think Global" and dedicate to help entrepreneurs and startups to achieve their goals and make real impacts on the world around them.
We also believe that positive impact can be fostered through collaboration and proper resources. Lair East was established by Palm Drive Capital and HuaYuan International and supported by NYCCEO, one of the largest and most influential entrepreneurship organizations in NYC with 2,000+ active C-level entrepreneurs. The platform brought by Lair East provides access to proven leaders with expertise in finance, technology, media, entertainment, arts, etc. and cross-sector experiences.
About the Role
Lair East is seeking creative talents to join our team to assist in all visual designing works and report directly to managing director. This position offers great insights into creative talent's roles at a startup company. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, have great design portfolio, and hold an interest in the startup industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and production of digital and printed marketing and sales materials including direct mail, email templates, social media creative, digital media display advertising, corporate and internal marketing collateral
- Website design across multiple brand entities. Incorporating analytical performance data as it relates to how different creatives are performing, and optimizing based on such results
- Aesthetic maintenance and updates of corporate brand websites
- Logo and style guide creation across an ever-expanding array of brand entities
- Research of relevant advertising trends in the market, and generation of new and original visual campaign executions that are both exciting and creatively ahead of the competition
- Studying new media formats to determine how to best incorporate them into new campaigns
- Excellent creative design, layout and production skills
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, with concentration in Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with concentration in Word and PowerPoint
- A Bachelor's degree: Art/Design/Communications fields preferred
- Previous experience in web design or print design and production preferred
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and CMS (Squarespace or Wix) preferred
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and operate with a service-oriented mentality
- Outstanding project and process management skills
- Interest in and understanding of entrepreneurial community
- Be able to start in the coming Winter/Spring and must commit to at least 15 hours each week
*This is an unpaid position but will provide stipends for food, college credit, hands-on experience; local transportation and references will be provided.
**Digital portfolio strongly recommended