Do you dream of pitching stories that land on the front page of every publication, in print and online? Do you craft story ideas in your sleep? Do you like to have and share the scoop on all things?
Do you know what it takes to write a traditional press release, to get an exclusive, to embargo an announcement, and to build relationships with tech reporters, bloggers, and influencers?
Do you strongly believe that it takes more than a press release to get noticed, so you develop social media campaigns, brand videos, influencer podcasts, speaker presentations, customer advocacy initiatives, and more?
Staffbase is searching for a Marketing & Communications Manager to join a growing team in New York City and provide day-to-day public relations and social media management.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help create, implement, and oversee a strategic public relations plan, including media monitoring and social listening.
- Manage daily media relations with reporters, bloggers, and influencers.
- Craft daily content and campaigns for all social media channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube).
- Develop and distribute news releases, op-eds, fact sheets, and feature stories for tech and business media.
- Monitor channels and news feeds for potential opportunities and consistently analyze metrics to optimize engagement.
- Build a customer advocacy program to empower story sharing.
- Award submissions.
- Daily collaboration with other departments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least 2-4 years in marketing communications (either agency or in-house) with preferred experience in B2B SaaS.
- Strong writing and editing skills, and exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends for special events.
- A sense of humor, a positive outlook, a creative spirit, and a love of people.
- Enthusiastic to join a growing team and company with amazing benefits and awesome customers!