A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
This is a temporary role for Spring to Summer, 2020. Candidates must be available during school hours
Amplify is reimagining the way teachers teach and students learn. We believe high-quality instructional materials and technology can empower classroom teachers to offer more personalized instruction and accelerate the potential of individual students to become more active, engaged learners. Come and work with us!
mCLASS provides proven early literacy diagnostic and progress-monitoring assessments to comprehensively support each student's literacy development in grades K-6. Our suite of early literacy resources work together seamlessly to target skill gaps and provide the right instruction at the right time. Authored by researchers at the University of Oregon, DIBELS 8th Edition provides efficient, reliable early reading measures with advanced test design that prevents overtesting. DIBELS 8th Edition measures the five basic early literacy skills: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
If you are passionate about the development of basic early literacy skills in English, the power of data to drive instruction, and maximizing teacher's instructional time to improve outcomes for all students, and you enjoy designing professional development for school and district-wide audiences, then consider applying to be a mCLASS Professional Development Designer!
The Professional Development Designer will lead the design of professional development materials for Amplify's mCLASS assessment program and will ultimately support high-quality assessment practices and instructional planning in the adoption and expansion of mCLASS assessment products.
Responsibilities of the Professional Development Designer :
- Create detailed project management plan that includes timelines for designing training, receiving feedback, incorporating feedback and finalizing training
- Design compelling in-person, remote, and online professional development sessions for teachers, instructional leaders, and district leaders to support strong implementation of mCLASS assessment products
- Meet with school and/or district leaders to present professional development sessions and receive targeted feedback on session content
- Incorporate feedback provided by school and/or district leaders to create finalized, high-quality professional development sessions that meet our partners' needs and improve the overall professional development experience
- Assess impact and effectiveness of training by collecting and analyzing feedback from our partners and PD participants
- Coach and prepare PD facilitators, ensuring that facilitators have strong foundations, as well as targeted preparation specific to the engagement
- Collaborate with the product, program management, and content teams to understand upcoming content offerings and feature releases and incorporate into training programs and assets
Basic Qualifications of the Professional Development Designer :
- 5+ years of experience teaching literacy to PreK-6th grade students
- Experience administering Amplify's mCLASS assessments (DIBELS 8th Edition, DIBELS 8th Edition with TRC, DIBELS Next, or DIBELS Next with Reading 3D, IDEL or Spanish TRC)
- Knowledge of current early literacy instruction best practices
- Experience (at scale) designing professional development sessions and helping educators learn new things and adopt new practices.
- Experience collaborating with school and/or district leaders, particularly with professional development training content and delivery
- Experience managing large-scale projects in a school or district setting, including planning and budgeting
- Ability to analyze and interpret district, school and classroom-level data
- Proficiency with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Applications, etc.
Preferred Qualifications of the Professional Development Designer :
- You have designed and delivered both in-person and online professional development
- You have led assessment adoptions in a school or district setting
- Passionate about early literacy instruction
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and leaders
- Demonstrated client/partnership management experience
- Instructional leadership experience as a coach or school leader
- Master's or Advanced Degree in Education
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.