A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify ELA is a blended curriculum designed specifically for grades 6-8. With Amplify ELA, students learn to tackle any complex text and make observations, grapple with interesting ideas, and find relevance for themselves. Students are engaged through dynamic texts, lively classroom discussions, and meaningful digital experiences.
Students and teachers work on devices (laptops, desktops or tablets) connected through a shared platform or in print. Because students do many of their assignments on the platform, teachers can see their progress and provide feedback in real time.
If you love to teach students the power of reading and writing, get excited about the intersection of technology in the classroom, and enjoy coaching and collaborating with teachers, then consider applying to be an ELA PD Facilitator for Amplify.
Your job will be to train and coach teachers throughout the year to help them make the Amplify ELA implementation a success in their classrooms and to work with other PD team members to tailor professional development experiences and materials.
We are looking for people who love reading and writing; who can travel and are flexible with their time; who can coach and manage engagements across multiple schools; who have a great sense of humor; and who are team players.
- Facilitate initial training workshops and follow up strengthening workshops, in-person and remote, for groups of up to 40 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions, in-person and remote, with smaller groups of teachers
- Provide support to individual classroom teachers by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback
- Participate in ELA team meetings and internal trainings
- Travel required
- 3+ years of ELA teaching experience
- Proven knowledge of current ELA instruction and Common Core ELA Standards
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate professional development for teachers and/or instructional leaders
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and use it to inform practice
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom and professional development sessions
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications, etc.
- Experience teaching Amplify ELA
- Instructional leadership experience as a coach or school leader
- Demonstrated client/partnership management experience
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and their comfort with technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about reading and writing instruction
- Master's or Advanced Degree in Education
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.