A pioneer in K-12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
mCLASS provides proven early literacy diagnostic and progress-monitoring assessments to comprehensively support each student's literacy development in grades K-6. Our suite of early literacy resources work together seamlessly to target skill gaps and provide the right instruction at the right time. Authored by researchers at the University of Oregon, DIBELS 8th Edition provides efficient, reliable early reading measures with advanced test design that prevents overtesting. DIBELS 8th Edition measures the five basic early literacy skills: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Amplify also provides IDEL, the Spanish version of this assessment.
If you are passionate about the development of basic early literacy skills in Spanish and English, the power of data to drive instruction, and maximizing teacher's instructional time to improve outcomes for all students, and you enjoy coaching and collaborating with educators, then consider applying to be one of Amplify's mCLASS Professional Learning Specialists (Spanish).
Your job will be to train and coach educators to help them understand how to use mCLASS's IDEL and Spanish TRC digital assessments, and then how to interpret the data to target instruction for all of their students. Your job may also entail providing onsite visits and coaching to support educators at their schools sites, and working with other professional development team members to tailor professional development experiences and materials.
We are looking for people who love early literacy; who can travel and are flexible with their time; who can coach and manage engagements across multiple schools; who have a great sense of humor; and who are team players.
- Facilitate initial training workshops and follow up strengthening workshops, in-person and remote, for groups of up to 40 teachers
- Conduct coaching sessions, in-person and remote, with smaller groups of teachers
- Provide support to individual classroom teachers and leaders by modeling, co-teaching, observing, and providing feedback
- Complete post training reports to summarize session logistics, materials, and any additional school support with the PD team
- Participate in mCLASS team meetings and internal trainings
- Travel within Chicago required
- Fluent in Spanish (including speaking, reading, and writing)
- 3+ years of K-5 ELA teaching experience
- Proven knowledge of current early literacy instruction best practices in Spanish and English
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret district, school and classroom-level data
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate professional development for teachers and/or instructional leaders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- M/WBE Certification
- Reside in the Chicago or greater-Chicago area
- Passionate about early literacy instruction in Spanish and English
- Experience administering Amplify's mCLASS assessments (DIBELS 8th Edition, DIBELS 8th Edition with TRC, DIBELS Next, or DIBELS Next with Reading 3D, IDEL or Spanish TRC)
- 3+ years of K-5 ELA teaching experience in Chicago Public Schools
- Understanding and compassion for the role of the teachers and leaders
- Demonstrated client/partnership management experience
- Instructional leadership experience as a coach or school leader
- Master's or Advanced Degree in Education
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.