We’re looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our Grocery Sales Team remote in Boston, MA.
RXBAR Regional Sales Managers are responsible for leading customer strategy, building relationships, and ensuring flawless execution within regional customers, while facilitating internal cross-functional collaboration to grow our business with the retailers. This role is responsible for selling and marketing all retail categories of products under the RXBAR brand.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Develop sales plan and business strategy with Director of Sales and SVP of Sales for all grocery retailers in the Northeast region, upholding internal pricing and margin standards.
- Translate sales plan into clear and executable plans, leveraging broker and distributor network.
- Establish and manage key customer relationships through category reviews, business reviews, and meetings to strengthen and build on success of Insurgent Brands.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Managers across the company and be a sales voice in the headquarter office of RXBAR.
- Effectively manage brokers, distributors, and merchandisers, by providing clear goals and direction.
- Support direct reports, Area Sales Managers, by providing guidance in developing sales plan within region.
- Support the execution and management of region budget, trade spend, forecasting, T&E, and reporting.
- Ensure execution of new product launches, promotions, secondary placements, and in-stock levels
- Identify and pioneer programs within retailers to drive trial and awareness.
- Work with broker partner and RXBAR’s Insights & Sales Operations teams to understand and manage Distribution, Voids, In-stock Levels, Pricing/Promotion, Display Compliance
- Leverage insights from Insights & Sales Operations to build and grow the Insurgent Brand portfolio
- Build a deep understanding of the dynamics of the territory, provide insight and direction to develop solutions to build the brand
- Talk to other brands, brokers and buyers, read articles and stay current on all things related to the industry and territory.
- Collaborate with Sales Planning, Revenue Management, Supply Chain and Sales Operations to develop accurate forecast and sales plan.
- Proactively communicate with Sales Planning, Demand & Supply Chain teams to coordinate display programs, promotional programs, and proactively solve for issues that create executional challenges
- Collaborate with Insights team to identify trends, competitors, and key opportunities for brand development and improved execution.
- Identify and communicate merchandising and shopper marketing programs with marketing counterparts
- Assist finance team with trade management and deduction back up to manage trade.
- Maintain excellent customer and RXBAR employee interdepartmental relationships
Skills & Qualifications:
- Reside in the Northeast – must live near major airport
- 5+ years’ experience in retail sales and merchandising in the CPG industry,
- Currently working as Regional Sales Manager or equivalent position within the retail food class of trade
- Proven and successful sales management track record
- Leadership skills and competencies for advancement within the company
- Established relationships with distributor and retailer customer base
- Experience in sales and expense budgeting and management to budget
- Broker management experience
- Knowledge of the natural/organic industry
- Excellent communication skills with external customers, peers, supervisors, and internal supporting departments
- Ability to travel for trade shows, sales calls, and meetings - approximately 40% of time
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Occasional and event related weekend work is required
About us: RXBAR is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS. RXBAR simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited products (for real), RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.