The Sales Development team at Newsela is responsible for drawing new prospective clients into conversations with Sales Executives for Inside and Field Sales teams. Sales Development Representatives are highly effective communicators and are able to gain access to senior-level administrators at school and district levels and distinguish between their unique needs. You will be focused on building pipelines and pitching new customers over the phone and providing online product demonstrations.
The successful candidate is a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask within a fast-paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new business leads and exceeding team goals.
As an SDR, your day will be composed of four primary activities:
- Inbound representatives will be responding to inbound inquiries via phone, email, and other tools to pre-qualify new prospective clients.
- Outbound representatives will be prospecting to engage new prospects, predominately in both larger accounts and untapped markets.
- Both inbound and outbound representatives will draw these prospects into initial discovery calls and identify key needs where Newsela can provide solutions.
- Both inbound and outbound representatives will provide prospective clients with a smooth and value-added transition to the Sales Executives.
- Build, maintain and exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals and defined objectives
- Strategize with Sales Executives and Sales Managers to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone and email outreach
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with Marketing team on potential future campaigns
- Engage prospects in targeted prospect accounts
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) and full sales stack to prospect leads
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ months inside sales experience in lead generation
- 1+ year Salesforce.com experience
- Sales process training in pipeline management
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish clear value propositions through customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Prior sales and prospecting experience at a software or technology company
- Prior experience at an Ed Tech SaaS company
- Self-starter who can multi-task and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Familiarity with sales platforms, including Salesloft, Outreach.io or Yesware
- Interest in sales blogs like Hubspot.com, InsideSales.com or Saleshacker.com
- Has volunteer experience with nonprofits or charity organizations