We were founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2011 and have since then established our business globally with offices in New York, the UK, France, Spain, and Germany. Our clients include the world’s top auctioneers, antique dealers, and galleries as well as regional and local businesses. We are also offering an extensive free database of auction results and a top of the line valuation service. We are now looking to grow our business even further and are seeking top talent to join our team.
We are expanding our U.S. Sales team in our New York office and are looking for a talented and driven sales professional. Your responsibilities will include approaching brands and advertising agencies for direct ad buys.
- Researching, approaching, and pitching Barnebys services to luxury brands, auction houses, antique dealers, and galleries.
- Managing the entire sales cycle, from lead to engagement to closed deal.
- Researching the U.S. auction and antique market for new revenue possibilities.
- At least 2 years of relevant, full-cycle sales experience, ideally selling ad buys to luxury brands and/or advertising agencies.
- Background in and experience with the auction or antique industries is a plus!
- Ideally, a rolodex of existing contacts (e.g. in industries relevant to Barnebys — luxury goods, travel, banking, art, etc.) you can use to hit the ground running.
- A driven and positive personality with a passion for creating new business opportunities.
- Comfortable working with ambitious sales targets and expectations.
- Excellent written and telephone skills. We email and talk on the phone all day!
- Self-starter who confidently and tirelessly seeks and closes deals.
- A passion for finding new clients while keeping current partners happy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A keen interest in keeping up-to-date with the latest in the luxury / art industries.