Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments and insights to supercharge reading engagement and learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than three years since our launch, Newsela is already in 75% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers—and engaged readers are better learners.
We are seeking a sales training professional who knows how to train sellers of an online software-as-a-service (SaaS) product. You will be responsible for the development, delivery, and solidification of an important message crafted to motivate the adoption of an education-changing tool. We’ve built a strong sales and account management organization that has ignited our revenue growth. As we continue grow we need a training leader that can scale our most important asset - our people.
- Prepare new Inside and Field Sales Representatives, Account Managers, and Sales Development Representatives by conducting orientation to sales process, developing individual plans, and providing resources and assistance to the management to onboard teams.
- Compress time to “Productivity” for all Quota carrying positions
- Conduct training sessions and develop outcome improvement resources.
- Develop training resources by designing information systems, as well as maintaining training libraries, databases, and documents.
- Build interactive and integrated job support systems.
- Collaborate with management identify the learning objectives, content development, and delivery of proposed trainings for ongoing employee development.
- Integrate career pathing into our talent strategy to inspire and retain top talent.
- Provide effective instructional and delivery strategies:
- Identify and write actionable course objectives.
- Apply appropriate instructional strategies.
- Build assessment and testing tools.
- Evaluate learning activities for effectiveness.
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of training leadership experience.
- 3+ years of sales experience and/or sales management experience.
- Ability to develop, deliver, and evaluate training curricula in a corporate training environment.
- Experience delivering training through virtual tools (WebEx, GoTo Meeting, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in training on process flow and systems to help staff understand needs related to the internal processes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience as an educator, or knowledge of education sales or navigation of education decision-making structures.
- Experience training in a fast-paced software company/high velocity sales.
- Familiarity with a variety of training concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong Sales Training Experience track record.
- Ability to handle changing priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.
- Facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker.
- Ability to coach others to successful outcomes and skill mastery.
- Self-starter, highly motivated.
- Extraordinary public speaker.