Senior Researcher, Secure Software Architecture for Connected Car Systems
Mountain View, CA
Connected cars are emerging as a ground for cutting-edge technologies in the automotive industry. Communication between cars, other edge devices, and the cloud has the potential to support brand-new mobility services and sophisticated new technologies, e.g., advanced information sharing, coordinated autonomous systems, highly distributed control systems, etc.
With the advent of this new technology trend, high demand for quality assurance of software-centric connected systems arises. Company InfoTechnology Center, Systems, and Software Research Division are conducting research projects including high-assurance connected software architecture, a software platform for advanced mobility, system assurance, and certification.
We are seeking talented candidates for a Senior Researcher involving full-time research on Secure Software Architecture for Connected Car Systems.
PRIMARY PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Research on Secure Software Architecture for Connected Car Systems:
o Formal security analysis and verification;
o Cyber-security of distributed systems and cyber-physical systems;
o Cooperative intrusion detection systems and machine learning based protection;
o Game theory-based security mechanisms.
▪ Ph. D in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
▪ 5+ years of research experience in cybersecurity. Experience working in a corporate lab setting with a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and achievements is a plus.
▪ Proficiency in system security, security analytics, and security mechanisms.
▪ Knowledge of distributed systems, real-time systems, embedded systems, and cyber-physical systems.
▪ Knowledge of programming and scripting languages, e.g., Java, Python, etc.
▪ Research prototype development skills.
▪ Ability to lead a research project, e.g., planning, reporting, and managing time/team / outside collaborators.
▪ Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply for this position, please submit your information for the following materials:
● A cover letter explaining why you would like to work with us
● Latest Resume/CV
● Any other information that you think we should consider when reviewing your application