We are seeking an expert data architect to join BuildingLink! If you have not heard of us, or run into our system in one of the hundreds of the best NYC residential buildings, and thousands worldwide, here is a short intro:
We are an exciting 17-year-old energetic, youthful, continuously growing, innovative, and stable enterprise. We are a 1/2 block away from Union Square in a quiet, high windowed, open-loft office space, on Fifth Avenue and 16th Street. The floor is all ours, so we are in control of our own work vibe, and you would be a part of a growing eight-person development team, amidst a 100-person company of special people with unique skillsets.
Our customers absolutely love us, our staff is first-rate in every way that counts, and though we are by far the most innovative company in the residential luxury real estate management space, we have only executed maybe 25% of our innovation road map so far. Which is why we need you!
If you love architecting database schemas, optimizing queries, transforming data and using new technologies to store, retrieve & analyze data from SQL Server and many other types of repositories such as cloud storage, queues, caches, etc., then we would like to meet you. We are looking for someone who can help our development team build robust scalable solutions that push the limits and can handle an endless supply of data that needs to be consumed by many different websites, client apps, mobile apps, Alexa, customers, vendors, etc. in real-time.
*Native English speakers only; communication is critical here.
SQL Server / SSAS / SSRS / SSIS / SQL Server CLR / NoSQL
AlwaysOn / In-Memory OLTP / Columnstore / Entity Framework / ETL
Azure: Service Bus / Event Hubs / Stream Analytics / Notification Hubs / Storage / IoT Hubs / API Management / Cosmos DB / Time Series Insights / Machine Learning / SQL Server
Git / Power BI / T4 Templates / TFS Build Server / Caching / Docker
Responsibilities and Expectations:
5+ years of relevant experience required.
Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely.
Know how and when to ask questions throughout the development life cycle.
Work in a collaborative team environment with other developers, QA, and project managers.
Possess strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
Be resourceful and independent, and enjoy challenging projects.
Design and develop high-quality code that exhibits excellent performance, meets product requirements, and focuses on scalability and maintainability.
Was that you? If so, HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
(1) Tell us why we should hire you. What makes you the right person for this position?
Remember to put "SQL DBA" in the subject heading.
(2) Include your resume or LinkedIn profile.
(3) Describe an example from your personal or professional life where you were confronted with an outdated or inefficient routine or process and improved upon it. What was the outcome?
(4) If you can think of any, tell us about some hobbies or side careers that you have pursued with passion that might shed light on who you are. For example, we have a LOT of people here that have side activities in the performing arts world. That's okay – it’s welcomed here.
(5) Confirm whether commuting to Union Square in Manhattan is any sort of challenge for you.
(6) Tell us which site you found this ad on!