Under supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment and initiative, the Video Technician will be responsible for providing 24 hour, 7 day a week support to Assistant District Attorneys investigating homicides and other serious felonies.
1. Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
2. Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize workloads.
3. Familiarity with a wide spectrum of Computer and Video/Photo Editing technology
4. Able to carry 60 lbs. of equipment.
5. Superior Computer Skills are required.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
6. Respond to crime scenes, police precincts, hospitals and other pertinent locations at the request of the District Attorney.
7. Record on videotape crime scenes and statements by defendants and witnesses and preserve and maintain them for use as evidence in court.
8. Retrieve surveillance footage, preserve and maintain this media for use as evidence during trial and create duplications for discovery purposes.
9. Perform tasks related to NYPD’s Body Worn Camera (BWC) Program deployment, including downloading, duplicating, editing, and redacting BWC footage.
10. Provide the District Attorney’s Office with technical support for courtroom presentations.
Create duplications, and/or perform edits and redactions to audio/video recordings. Play any audio/video tapes and disks that become evidence, as well as clarifications to overcome acoustic and visual problems in courtrooms.