You are here
NYC Open Data
Open Data is an opportunity to engage New Yorkers in the information that is produced and used by City government. We believe that every New Yorker can benefit from Open Data, and Open Data can benefit from every New Yorker. This includes small businesses and startups!
Learn more about NYC Open Data (and peruse 1600+ datasets!) here:https://www.nyc.gov/opendata
Explore other data and open information initiatives going on around the City.
- Map and chart crime statistics with CompStat and traffic data with TrafficStat from the New York City Police Department.
- Check out the Street Tree Map to visualize data collected in NYC Parks’ 2015 TreesCount! street tree census.
- File a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request with the OpenRecords app.
- Search the Government Publications Portal to view City documents dating from the 19th Century to present.
- Explore 311 data in your neighborhood or other parts of the City leveraging neighborhoods.nyc
- Submit an idea to a City agency’s challenge or sign up for a City agency’s hackathon with the Call for Innovations