• You may have heard about at will employment but what does that mean?
• If you employ your workers “at-will”, does that mean you can fire them whenever you want?
• Does invoking the doctrine of employment-at-will protect you from wrongful termination lawsuit?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Many employers make the mistake of assuming that because they have an at will employment contract for an employee, terminating that employee will be a done deal—and they often end up defending a wrongful termination claim.
Other employers may hold onto employees who are not performing or who may even undermine company goals and safety, because they think that terminating them will translate into wrongful termination and will automatically result in a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Neither of those assumptions is necessarily true! So what’s an employer to do? This webinar will help you gain some insight into how to navigate your relationship with your employees, keeping employment-at-will and its exceptions in mind.
• Defining employment-at-will
• Identifying situations falling outside of employment-at-will
• Identifying exceptions to at will employment
• Anti-discrimination laws and employment-at-will
• Rights and obligations of employers and employees
• Employment agreements and disclaimers
• Employee handbooks
• The NLRB and disclaimers
• Scope of employment-at-will
• Case examples
In this webinar we will discuss the extent and limits of employment-at-will. We will also explore the statutory exceptions and contractual provisions that seem to undermine employment-at-will to give you clarity and guidance on an often misunderstood principle of employment law. The webinar will also help you understand the rights and obligations of employers and employees.
WHO WILL BENEFIT
• Business Owners
• Senior Managers
• VP of HR
• HR Directors and Managers
• Hiring Managers
Training Doyens presents Christmas and New Year bonanza! Use Promo Code XMASNY19 and get flat 20% discount on all purchases till January 5th, 2019.
To Register (or) for more details please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-888-300-8494