Build the Future.
Could your creative thinking build the future? The ALEKS Sales Specialist at McGraw-Hill makes a difference for learners and educators across the world. Our team needs individuals with new ideas who connect with people in innovative ways.
How can you make an impact?
Reporting to the Director, Sales Programs in our Higher Education Sales Organization, as an ALEKS Sales Specialist you will be responsible for working in the field as a sales driver to close high potential, high volume opportunities that will contribute to market share and sales revenue growth. You will work with a team of Learning Technology Representatives to drive sales and increase market share in Math and Chemistry regionally. This role can be based remotely in Connecticut, New York, or Massachusetts.
What can you expect from the position?
• Develop a targeted business plan with Learning Technology Representatives and in partnership with the Product Teams, RVPs, and District Managers to drive results. Work with Learning Technology Representatives to develop key account, high volume potential strategies. Partner with district and regional leadership teams to develop and execute strategies to increase sales, digital activations, and customer retention.
• Develop/maintain a thorough understanding of Math, Chemistry and Placement as a discipline to include core McGraw-Hill Higher Education strategies/products, competition, market dynamics, and customer behavior.
• Work closely with the Math and Chemistry product team to drive successful campaigns to win new business, grow existing business, and retain market share. Share information learned in the field and from ALEKS Specialists with product team to better position our products.
• Work with the Director of Sales to develop a training plan for Learning Technology Representatives. Identify ongoing professional development needs to ensure this team performs at the highest level. Coach, mentor, motivate, and inspire Learning Technology Representatives. Provide regular and ongoing feedback to develop this team and build on the strengths of each individual.
• Develop and maintain a list of the top accounts and drive the strategy for winning business at these accounts. Partner with the product team to effectively build community and develop accounts for future partnering opportunities. Drive regional events to bring together decision makers in key areas
What can you bring to the role?
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Four+ years of related experience, which could include working with customers in educational publishing, educational software publishing, and/or providing training in corporate or educational settings.
• Ability to communicate and interact with employees and customers at all levels, including the ability to give clear precise instructions that are readily understandable by non-technical users.
• Come to this job with an innovative and creative customer-centric approach. A problem-solving aptitude and attitude with rigorous attention to details in all aspects of the job is essential.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and webinar hosting services a plus.
• Ability to travel up to 60%.
Here's what we offer:
The work you do at McGraw-Hill will be work that matters. We are collectively designing content that will build the future of education. Play your part and experience a sense of fulfillment that will inspire you to even greater heights.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw-Hill and together, we'll impact the world.