Coalition for Queens (C4Q) seeks a Growth & Development Manager to help craft the direction and lead fundraising efforts for our startup nonprofit. We’re looking for a highly driven and resourceful individual to build our fundraising infrastructure and develop strategies to meet both our short-term and long-term fundraising goals.
Our mission driven organization is unique in the diversity and scope of projects: building community through tech events; developing Access Code, an accessible tech education program; creating a long-term urban development plan for tech growth in Queens. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with the ability to navigate through multiple disciplines and a strong desire to build community.
C4Q works with leading business and philanthropic organizations to build an innovative, inclusive, and diverse Queens tech community.
- Support the Executive Director in growing fundraising base from corporations, foundations, and individual supporters
- Support the Executive Director with Board development
- Identify and cultivate major donors
- Build a highly effective development team to meet organizational fundraising goals and lead volunteers and development staff as the organization grows
- Manage and build upon existing relationships with foundation, government, and individual supporters
- Prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to governmental agencies and private foundations, including letters and budgets based on specified deadlines
- Responsible for grant compliance for City, State, Federal contracts as well as corporate and foundation funders
- Create and drive important annual events such as the C4Q Tech Bash, end of year appeals, and other fundraising events
- Spearhead and manage prospecting and research efforts of new potential funders
- Manage all scheduling and communications for fundraising efforts
- Maintain detailed records of all fundraising efforts
- Develop metrics and collect data on fundraising efforts
- 5+ years of experience with non-profit fundraising and development
- Demonstrated leadership for growing team and volunteers
- Excellent writing skills with ability to write clear, structured, and persuasive proposals that fit the mission of the organization, and suit the needs of foundations, corporations, government entities, and other fundraising sources
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills, comfort building financial models, and skill working with data sets
- Able to juggle multiple projects across different disciplines under tight deadlines
- Able to reprioritize, shift energies, and quickly adjust to shifting timelines while maintaining momentum
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google Docs, Mailchimp, and other communications software
- Outgoing personality, ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Ability to lead and motivate the development team
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY, HEALTH, DENTAL, AND VISION BENEFITS.
Apply here: http://www.c4q.nyc/jobs-gno