About the Role
App Academy maintains one of the highest placement rates of any accelerated engineering program nationwide. Our tuition model attracts the strongest applicants in the country, enabling us to funnel graduates into full-time engineering positions at top companies. As a Career Coach at App Academy, you will leverage your expertise of the technical recruiting and hiring process to help graduates launch their careers as software developers.
- You will oversee the job search process for hundreds of students annually, while maintaining App Academy’s industry-leading placement statistics.
- You will deliver lectures to groups of 80+ students, and act as the in-house expert in all job search matters including resume writing, interviewing, and negotiating.
- You will provide tactical and emotional support to individual job seekers throughout the entirety of their search.
- You will find opportunities and take initiative to improve App Academy’s teaching methods, developing effective, scalable strategies to provide top-notch curriculum in a fast-paced environment.
- Together with the rest of the Placements team, we will strive to ensure that every graduate has an efficient and successful career launch.
Experience and Qualifications
- You have experience in career coaching, technical recruiting, building websites, or working at fast-paced startups.
- You’re a problem solver, skilled at troubleshooting both practical and interpersonal problems.
- You’re a strict yet uplifting mentor. You give genuine feedback and expect the best out of every individual.
- You’re eager to help hard-working students reach their full potential and launch careers in the tech industry.
- Take responsibility for student success. Everyone works together to enable student success.
- Follow the numbers. Decisions should be backed by data.
- Embrace a growth mindset. View challenges and failures as opportunities to improve.
- Start with why. See the big picture and question the status quo. If there’s a better way of doing things we should investigate it.
- Create an inclusive environment. We work together to promote empathy and respect amongst all students and staff.
- Competitive salary
- Employer-sponsored health insurance plans
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid family leave program