Powered by people and blockchain technology — not big banks — we offer support for a payment system that empowers merchants and e-commerce shoppers. This opens up a new market of 2 billion people who have no access to banking services, but do have the ability to buy Bitcoin via one of the 300+ payment methods enabled by Paxful.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in Estonia with additional offices in Philippines and Hong Kong. Due to rapid growth in the past year, we have recently opened a new office in NYC. Paxful has millions of actual users, a sustainable business model, and is completely bootstrapped. You’ll be joining a team of men and women out to make real, sustainable change in the world. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help.
We are currently growing our Finance team and are looking for a motivated and open-minded individual who thrives in a startup environment. We have a unique office culture that embraces autonomy and gives you the freedom to grow in your role.
An essential part of this role will be to provide administrative support for the Finance team. The Financial Assistant will perform duties such as financial reporting and forecasting, managing accounts payable, payroll, and working on special projects. Our ideal candidate sees the potential of bitcoin and has a genuine interest in cryptocurrency.
- Review and validate all invoices before entering bills. Monitor and manage accounts payable, process payments, and correspond with clients as necessary.
- Maintain reconciled bank and bitcoin wallet balances, manage all daily bitcoin transactions, and prepare daily reports. Identify, analyze, and correct questionable financial activity.
- Prepare and maintain financial records using QuickBooks accounting software, including proper classification and entry of bitcoin transactions and credit card transactions.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all bitcoin wallets, including coding, classifying, and verifying transactions.
- Enter approved month-end and year-end entries to assist in closing the books and records.
- Create profitability models for new products, features, and ventures within the company.
- Monitor department specific budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a bookkeeper, accountant, or other relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle ambiguity and shifting priorities.
- Mastery with Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and other financial tools.
- An understanding of how the Bitcoin network operates.
- Experience working in the cryptocurrency industry in a relevant role a plus!
- Enterprise experience preferred.
- Accessible office in the Financial District.
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive salary with the option of payment in bitcoin.
- Premium covered healthcare insurance, including dental and vision.
- Catered lunch and dinner daily.
- Gym membership of your choice.
- Sponsored sports nutrition and health-related activities.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave, including a special one-time bonus to support newborn.
- Commuter benefits.
- Training and professional development resources.
- Paid company retreats.