Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join the fast-growing, super talented creative team at FCTRY. We’re looking for a fired up, multidisciplinary (and highly disciplined!) junior designer to take on a plethora of fun and challenging visual projects.
FCTRY is a creative-led company - founded by an artist - and we’re always trying to push the envelope in terms of design and concept. As junior designer, you won’t easily get bored here. You are guaranteed to learn a thing or two working right alongside our Art DIrector and Chief Creative Officer, both of whom are extremely talented and passionate.
You must be equal parts ADD and OCD. You’ll be designing all over the place; websites, packaging, actual products, imaginary products, photo shoots, videos, events, spaces. The list goes on. Whatever it is, you’ll be expected to deliver creative vision and unrelenting perfectionism. If you can do all that and you love product design, marketing, pop culture, counterculture, and clever lifestyle brands we’d love to talk!
FCTRY is on a rocketship of expansion into new markets, channels and categories. We are a small, quirky, fun, energetic crew with a lot of heart and soul. We’re in high growth mode and behave like a startup. Entrepreneurial spirit, imagination, hustle and humor are required.
- Assist in all aspects of product development including concepting, production art, packaging and display design
- Conceive and execute the design of a wide range of print and digital marketing projects including landing pages, emails, promoted social content, display ads, catalogs and sales collateral, packaging design, product mockups and more
- Oversee the implementation and routine upkeep of creative assets on our ecommerce websites, Amazon, blogs and social media feeds
- Liaise with agencies, freelancers, influencers and other creatives who provide services for FCTRY
- Manage brand standards and ensure consistency in the visual styles and tone for each of our sub-brands.
- Photography, video and web development skills are a plus.
What we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree. A focus on design, art or marketing is preferred but not mandatory
- Fluency with Adobe CS. Experience in web design and/or advertising a big plus.
- Demonstrated passion and savvy for design and digital media. Please provide links to some of your relevant work.
- Outstanding project and process management skills. We move quickly at FCTRY and much will be thrown your way!
- Collaboration - You love working with others and are great at building relationships inside and outside of your department.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you embrace uncertainty, challenges; you are a problem solver with an open mind. You must be comfortable navigating multiple priorities and building processes from scratch.
- Willingness to work hard, learn, get hands dirty alongside an amazing team that’s already doing just that
- Ditto for experience in digital marketing and a familiarity with platforms such as Facebook Ads, Hootsuite, and Klaviyo
- A passion for pop culture and an idealistic bent can’t hurt
FCTRY is a Brooklyn-based startup that is pioneering the use of design, storytelling, social-impact initiatives and a growth-hacking mindset to rethink the way consumer products are created, marketed and distributed.