At EDITED, we're out to change retail forever. To do it, we need talented people with bright ideas and an eagerness to solve problems.
We’re looking for a junior designer to help champion and guard the brand. You’ll join the EDITED Experience Design Team and will work with a diverse team of people across the business. You’ll work to raise the standard of creative output, helping to bring EDITED to the world's biggest retailers and build a well thought through experience for users from start to finish.
The role will have you working closely with Marketing on both internal and external projects. These will vary between digital and print and could include: crafting visual campaigns, printed materials for events and swag (freebies), EDITED website, brand collateral and more. We use some of the best design technology out there including Figma, Sketch, Principle and the entire Adobe Suite.
We work as equals, without constraint — results are what matter, so we focus on those.
Essential: (Technical & experience)
- 1-2 years experience of working in a design role.
- A strong understanding of fundamental design rules (colour, layout, typography) and knowing when to/not to break them.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating your skill set
- You have a meticulous eye for detail and relentless pursuit of perfection.
- You have a solid understanding of offline & online media
- Although you create beautiful designs, you practice ‘function before form’ and are confident in explaining your decision making process.
- You champion the user for a seamless experience when interacting with a brand and product (UI/UX).
- You work in a collaborative way with a friendly approach and enjoy being a team player
- You’re receptive to critique, feedback, and communication clearly
- You’re intellectually curious and always eager to improve and grow
- You can effectively handle a variety of requests on deadline, while being flexible to adjusting priorities
- An interest or ability in one of the following: Animation, Video, Photography, Illustration
- An understand of print production
- Working knowledge of basic web languages (HTML & CSS)