About Lair East
Between China and the United States, we grow a powerful and collective ecosystem that consists of an international community for entrepreneurs, coworking spaces, investment supports, accelerator programs, and a bridge for China-US cultural exchange. We believe in "Build Local, Think Global" and dedicate to help entrepreneurs and startups to achieve their goals and make real impacts on the world around them.
We also believe that positive impact can be fostered through collaboration and proper resources. Lair East was established by Palm Drive Capital and HuaYuan International and supported by NYCCEO, one of the largest and most influential entrepreneurship organizations in NYC with 2,000+ active C-level entrepreneurs. The platform brought by Lair East provides access to proven leaders with expertise in finance, technology, media, entertainment, arts, etc. and cross-sector experiences.
About the Role
Lair East is seeking interns to join our team to assist in Operation & Management and report directly to managing director. This position offers great insights to the great entrepreneurs, startups, and VC investors. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, have great written and verbal communication skills, and interest in the startup industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a collaborative community amongst our members through events and building relationships between members
- Responsible for maintaining member service systems & facilities operations
- Track and report on historic, current, and projected occupancy and related revenues
- Work with marketing team to maximize occupancy utilizing creative marketing and social media
- Support organizing and curating various events, seminars, happy hours, pitch nights, brainstorming sessions, and talks that enhance the membership experience
- Design and conduct tours of Lair East space to prospective members, business partners, and community at large
- Assist members with billing and manage reservations
- Assist incubation, arts & culture, social enterprise, non-profit and other special initiatives
- Support NYCCEO, a leading entrepreneurship organization with 2000 members to build up the cross-border startup ecosystem in New York
- Assist in brand analysis
- Friendly and hospitable
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must have excellent multi-tasking and organizing skills
- Must have an energetic and positive attitude and be willing to take initiatives and enjoy the challenges
- Analytical experience a plus
- Fluent in Mandarin (both writing and speaking) a plus
- Passion and understanding of entrepreneurial community
- Be able to start in the coming fall and must commit to at least 15 hours each week
This is an unpaid position but will provide stipends for food, college credit, hands on experience; local transportation and references will be provided.