We are seeking a part-time Community Manager to cultivate our community presence and oversee our online communications, primarily across social media channels.
The Community Manager will report to the President and work closely with the Senior Director, Director of Programs, Director of Development, and production team to develop and execute strategic communications that promote our programs, build the sector, expand our audience, and amplify the important work of our community.
The Community Manager will serve as the vital link between our company and its global community of game developers and designers, NGOs, funders, and businesses using games to catalyze change across sectors from health and education to social justice and the environment. The Community Manager often serves as the first point of contact, helping establish and maintain our organization’s brand vision and experience.
The Community Manager’s responsibilities support the organization’s established core programs, including events and new initiatives. The role also includes social listening and analytics to stay informed about industry trends and opportunities and direct engagement with key constituencies, including game developers and cause-oriented organizations.
The right candidate will be passionate about video games for social change, familiar with the sector, and proactively engaged across media channels.
This is a part-time position (3 days per week) based out of the our office in New York City. Pay is $25/hour.
- Develop and execute a cross-channel communication strategy that includes audience engagement goals and analytics to inform key program and business decisions.
- Promote key program launches and cultivate community presence both online and at events.
- Keep a “finger-on-the-pulse” of our stakeholders, including games, projects, programs, and business development opportunities; identification of emerging leaders and influencers.
- Manage all content for web and social channels, including social press kits and content to be shared with partners.
- Maintain an editorial calendar for all channels, including website, blog, social media, and newsletter.
- Use social media analytics tools to report on audience engagement and submit monthly reports to the President.
- Monitor and contribute to online discussions of games, social impact games, and social issues.
- Manage our Google AdWords grant.
- Build, maintain, and organize outreach lists.
- Assist in curating content for in-person and online arcades.
- Manage social media and community interns.
- Represent our company at its events and other industry events.
- Maintain and organize outreach lists to various community partners.
- Networking events: manage RSVP lists, oversee event production and preparation, and manage events on-site.
- 3+ years of relevant community management experience.
- Excellent communication skills and attention-to-detail.
- Excellent grammar, writing, and research skills.
- Familiar with: Google Drive and Dropbox, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro.
- Familiar with: social media management tools like Tweetdeck or Hootsuite, Google Analytics, WordPress, and MailChimp or similar HTML newsletter platform.
- Experience with the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Periscope, Flickr, YouTube, and Hangouts on YouTube Live.
- Demonstrated track record of boosting organizational presence and followings on social media.
- Unrelenting problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities.
- Passion for games and understanding of game-related communities.
- A sense of humor!