Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, the Sales Engineer is responsible for helping expand its sales organization in the Central region.
- Support sales operations in the designated US territory
- Work closely with the direct sales team as well as partner sales staff in the region.
- Provide technical support for new trial customer to gain experience with the solution.
- Complete vendor security questionnaires and other technical documentation as needed during the sales process.
- Document activities in the company’s CRM.
- The position will require frequent travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have relationships with technical staff in information security departments across a variety of industries.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with the capability to present technical information and build rapport with a variety of audiences including line technicians to C-Level Executives.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy in a high paced geographically dispersed organization
- Understanding of laws and regulatory requirements driving customer IT security programs
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Ability to manage information using SalesForce.com
- Capable of managing multiple high priority tasks to successful completion
- Ability to travel a minimum of 35%
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 Year Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree preferred
- 3 years of sales engineering in the information security field
- IT security experience with understanding of Computer Incident Response/Forensics
- Network communication troubleshooting experience with strong TCP/IP skills, familiarity with SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, and other Internet protocols
- Experienced in troubleshooting solutions deployed in enterprise networks, understanding of proxies, LDAP/Active Directory, E-mail Infrastructure and other related technologies
- Experience with Virtual Machine Environments
- Experience with SIEM and/or Threat Intelligence platforms.
- Experience completing RFPs and customer security questionnaires to enable deal closure
- Hands-on experience in providing information security services such as assessments, penetration tests, Security Operations Center preferred
- Hands-on experience in social engineering testing and analysis preferred
- Experience creating and managing YARA rule sets preferred
- Hands-on experience in incident response and computer forensics preferred
- Experience as a presenter on information security topics at conferences and events preferred
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Mid LevelApply for Position