The Strategic Account Executive promotes and sells products, services or solutions directly to new customers. In this role, the Strategic Account Executive primarily focuses on new business, working as an individual contributor in charge of a specific program or team with broad impact. The Strategic Account Executive works on issues where analysis of customer situations requires an in-depth knowledge of industry, business, products or services. Recognized as an accomplished sales professional in all areas, the Strategic Account Executive is responsible for highly complex territories, accounts, products or services. This role will be selling software solutions in the ERP/Supply Chain software space.
Frequent travel is required.
- Creates and monitors action plans to grow revenue through maximizing new sales opportunities
- Ensures that accurate forecasting, pipeline management and other sales process / infrastructures are established
- Generates a significant sales pipeline using core sales processes to drive revenue in line with quota
- Builds effective relationships / high level of customer rapport -specifically the ability to build relationships with key senior-level decision makers and influencers
- Provides insight to customer's decision making through industry, business and product knowledge
- Able to clearly articulate the Aptean and product value propositions
- Works on issues where analysis of prospect situations requires an in- depth
- Pursues deals with high complexity (territory / account, products / services)
Skills & Requirements
Typically requires a minimum of 8-10 years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has accomplished level understanding of industry products and services knowledge in more than one area - possesses the ability to connect this knowledge and expertise to business issues, operational strategies, and results
- Customer oriented with proven ability to sell value through a Consultative Selling approach
- Demonstrated ability to understand sales barriers and overcome hurdles to close business
- Experience working with the software industry, specifically handling significantly sized accounts. Specific experience with ERP/Supply Chain software solutions is required
- Experience working with software products, services, competencies, solutions, and offerings
- Experience working with a standard sales methodology and supporting tools and applications
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and prospective clients
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Strong communication skills to listen to the client and articulate with solid problem-solving skills aimed at forming solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create and maintain formal and informal networks
- A proven track record of exceeding sales quotas
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.